Welcome to the web site of the Michigan Botanical Club, the native plant society for the State of Michigan, and the home of the Michigan Big Tree Program.The club was founded in 1941 and consists of five chapters. The focus of the Michigan Botanical Club is:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.
Please join us by becoming a member.
Each chapter holds monthly meetings and sponsors field trips. Every Memorial Day, the Michigan Botanical Club sponsors a Foray to a different area of Michigan. Mark you calendar for the 2013 Spring Foray to be held at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI. The White Pine Chapter will be hosting the event. Field trips to prairies, bogs, sand dunes, fens, fern grottoes, woods and forests, rivers, savannas and more are planned.
Questions? Problems? Contact the webmaster at michbotclubwebmaster (at) gmail.com