Welcome to the web site of the Michigan Botanical Club, the native plant society for the state of Michigan and the Great Lakes Region, and the home of the Michigan Big Tree Program.
Check the MBC News section for more information.
The club was founded in 1941 and consists of five chapters. The focus of the Michigan Botanical Club is:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.
Please join us by becoming a member.
Each chapter holds monthly meetings and sponsors field trips. Every Memorial Day, the Michigan Botanical Club sponsors a Foray to a different area of Michigan.