Welcome to the web site of the Michigan Botanical Club
The native plant society for the state of Michigan and the Great Lakes Region, and the home of the Michigan Big Tree Program.
The club was founded in 1941 and consists of five chapters. The focus of the Michigan Botanical Club is:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.
Our annual foray will be hosted by the Southwest Chapter and will be held in Kalamazoo on Labor Day Weekend. Check the recent issue of Arisaema for details.
General Information, a registration form, is available on this page, along with a field trip schedule, foray daily schedule, recommended readings (with downloadable pdf files) and an overview of the foray location.
We have added a new page to the MBC Website about events that are not sponsored by the MBC or MBC chapters, but may be of interest to MBC members. Click on the "Programs of Interest" tab on the left.
Each chapter holds monthly meetings and sponsors field trips. Every Memorial Day, the Michigan Botanical Club sponsors a Foray to a different area of Michigan.
Check the MBC News section for more information.
The Arisaema newsletter is now available online to members of the Michigan Botanical Club. Click here to access the Arisaema newsletter.