The Michigan Botanical Club is the native plant society for the State of Michigan, and the home of the Michigan Big Tree Program.
The club was founded in 1941 with a focus on:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.
Learn more about the Michigan Botanical Club by clicking on the buttons to the left, including:
- The Michigan Big Tree Project
- Our state wide events
- Online articles from newspapers featuring the work of the MBC
- Awards which the MBC has bestowed
- Our early history
- Our constitution
If you are interested in our club's early history, please click here.
If you would like to download a printable brochure, please click here.