We are a diverse group open to anyone interested in the objectives and the functions of the Michigan Botanical Club. Amateurs and professionals of all ages are welcome. Your membership will support the Club in its important program to conserve and to protect native flora and the natural resources of the state and the nation.
Membership in the Michigan Botanical Club is handled through local chapters.
Please refer to the "About MBC Chapters" page for a map illustrating the location of each chapter and links to the individual chapter pages. Each chapter has its own dues and membership forms. Please print out the form and send a check (U.S. funds) to the person listed on the form.
If you live at a distance from a chapter or out of state, you may elect to join the Special Memberships group. Go to the Special Memberships page for more information.
As a member, you will receive the following publications and benefits:
- The Michigan Botanist, a quarterly scientific journal
- Arisaema, the bi-annual club newsletter
- Local chapter newsletter (with chapter membership)
- Activities at the local and state level
- Membership in a local chapter (optional)
Membership in the Michigan Botanical Club is open to anyone interested in its aims:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.