Become a Member
Membership in the Michigan Botanical Club is handled through local chapters.
Chapter Membership - Please refer to the "About MBC Chapters" page for a map illustrating the location of each chapter and links to the individual chapter pages. Each chapter has its own dues and membership forms. Please print out the form and send a check (U.S. funds) to the person listed on the form.
Special Memberships - If you live at a distance from a chapter or out of state, you may elect to join the Special Memberships group. Go to the Special Memberships page for more information.
As a member, you will receive the following publications and benefits:
- The Michigan Botanist, a quarterly scientific journal
- Arisaema, the bi-annual club newsletter
- Local chapter newsletter (with chapter membership)
- Activities at the local and state level
- Membership in a local chapter (optional)
Membership in the Michigan Botanical Club is open to anyone interested in its aims:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on the plant life of the State.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.